Portland Web Design Agency
Web Design Agency Portland
Congrats! You’ve decided that you need a new website or a refresh of your old one. That’s a great step towards a successful online presence for your brand. Now it’s time to choose a Portland web design agency
for your company. There are, of course, a few things to consider before deciding on one web design agency. While most Portland web design agencies are ready to help you at any stage of the web design process, it’s more about finding the right fit.
Here’s how to do it:
Focus on agencies with relevant experience
Do a search for web design agencies that work in your particular niche. Even if your niche is one of a few others they cater to, it will still be a big plus in their favor. You need a web design agency Portland
who understands your industry. When they are knowledgeable of your unique needs, they will be a much better fit to design your website. The first tentative list can have up to 5 different web design agencies. Open up all their websites and get ready to navigate and find your perfect match.
Decide on local vs. global
Creative Web Design Agency Portland OR
The perfect creative web design agency Portland OR
might be right nearby. You could also go with a company on the opposite side of the world. The choice depends on how you like to work. If you are ok with dealing with an agency remotely, you can look internationally. But if you prefer the one-on-one service of an in-person meeting, then search for a Portland web design agency. Choosing a remote agency involves lots of calls and learning how to give feedback online.
Evaluate their previous work
Best Portland Web Design Agency
Take a look at every agency’s website, it is, after all, their visual calling card. Is the site easy to navigate? Do you feel comfortable looking around? If so, find their portfolio page and see what work they have done lately. Do they have examples of websites in your own niche or similar? Navigate to those and see how they are built. Do you like them?
Search for client testimonials
Oregon Web Design Agency
A great way to evaluate an Oregon web design agency
early in the process is to read their client testimonials. Based on the testimonials and reviews, you can tell which agencies are good listeners and can guide a client through the web design process. You can also find out if they can deliver on-time and on-budget. Ask for references for the web design agencies Portland that you like and reach out to each reference with specific questions tailored to your situation and needs. An agency might be doing a great job selling itself to you, but, at the end of the day, what their customers say matters the most. You’d be surprised how much valuable information you can discover just by speaking with previous clients.
Narrow down to the best two web design agencies
Website Design Agency Portland
When you’ve rounded the list down to two web design agencies which you like and fit your needs, it’s time to ask them to submit proposals for your project. Send them an email telling them about your website and what you’d like to achieve with it. Ask for an in-person meeting or a Skype call in the next few days. When it’s time to decide on who to hire, analyze which of the two understood your vision best. Which one offered you the best package for your budget? Choose the website design agency Portland which best fits your vision and enroll them to create your awesome website.
If you have a project in mind, reach out to us at cyphondesign.com
for a free estimate.
How Important Is Good Website Design?
If you're already searching for a website design company to tackle your project, you likely already have a good understanding of why having a website matters. However, few people are aware of how great an impact excellent design, user experience (UX), and mobile-friendliness has upon site visitors and potential customers.
- Did you know that out of the negative feedback businesses receive concerning their website, 94% is related to design? That means not only that your website may be lacking aesthetically, but the design could also be making it hard to navigate or difficult to read and understand. Whatever the case, your site design has an enormous impact on first impressions.
- Most visitors will form an opinion within 0.05 seconds of viewing your website.
- Up to 38% of users will not continue engaging with a website that has unattractive content or a poorly designed layout.
Check out this study by Adobe from a while showing how people are affected by poor quality design:
Value of User Experience
According to GoodFirms
- Statistics have shown that as many as 89% of online consumers will be lost to the competition as a result of a negative user experience. 88% of people are more unlikely to visit a website again if they have had a bad experience.
- As many as 74% of consumers have a greater likelihood of returning to a website that is mobile-friendly.
- More than half of internet users say they would not recommend businesses that have websites that are poorly designed for mobile.
- Nearly half (44%) of visitors will navigate away if a company’s website does not display contact information.
, check out the most common website design mistakes of small businesses in the graph below:
Here's additional valuable information from GoodFirms from their survey showing the top reasons visitors leave a website:
Page Load Time Counts
- $2.6 billion in revenue are lost each year due to websites that load too slowly. Essentially, site speed equals money.
- According to an article from Forbes, almost 70% of consumers state that site speed impacts whether or not they are willing to buy through a website. That's significantly more than half! A site's bounce rate increases the more time (and we're talking in seconds!) it takes for it to load. That means an increased number of people are immediately navigating away from your website only after viewing one page.
Here is what Google has to say about page load time: “Two seconds is the threshold for ecommerce website acceptability. At Google, we aim for under a half-second.”
How Much Does Website Design Cost?
Website design costs can vary significantly, depending on the scope of the project and the company you choose to hire. A professional website for a small business could be within the $2,000 to $6,000 range. A really complex site for a small business could cost up to $20,000. Corporate and larger businesses that need a larger website might be looking more at numbers like $10,000 to $35,000. An e-commerce site with numerous products could be paying from $5,000 to $55,000. The ultimate cost depends on the number of pages your website will require and the complexity and customization of the website.
What Other Factors Determine Cost?
In addition to the number of pages your website needs, here are some additional things that will impact the price:
- Who is designing your website. The cost of your website can vary depending on the website design company you choose. Often, even within one company, you may be able to choose from higher or lower-level designers.
- Who is writing your site's content. If content writing is part of your website contract, you will be paying more.
- Complexity of design. If you're adding more complex features like video, animated design, etc, you'll likely be looking at a higher cost.
- Maintenance. You'll see a cost difference based on whether you will have your designer continue website maintenance or have them simply complete your website as a one-time project.
How Long Will a Website Project Take?
The timeline of a website design project can vary greatly. This can depend on the company you hire, as well as the size of your project. Small websites that are on the simpler side could take as little as 4 weeks in some cases. Larger scale projects that require more pages and more customization could take anywhere from 2 to 6 months, if not longer. Talk to your web designer to learn about a realistic, detailed timeline for your specific project.